Some benefits of joining our community:
- develop and learn new skills
- build confidence
- be supported in overcoming personal difficulties
- make new friendships
- give something back
- create things for others benefit
- reduce stress
- improve physical and mental wellbeing
- connect with food, growing, wildlife and nature
- use your cretaivity and experience
- eat more healthily and have access to chemical free fruit and vegetables
We have a wide variety of on-site facilities which include:
- Car parking for c 25 cars.
- A composting toilet.
- A large, well equipped wooden cabin which we use for preparation, cooking, planning and shelter for a small number of people. We also have drinking water and hot water, plus we have a two ring gas fired hob and crockery for a reasonably large group. Please note there is no electricity available on site.
- A beautiful wood fired pizza oven (operational Spring 2017) which has been designed and crafted by a group from Phase One, a hostel in Brighton.
- An outdoor seating area around a campfire which can be used for outdoor cooking.
- Polytunnels including work space indoors which can be used in bad weather or to accommodate a certain activity.
We have very little income and as such rely on funding and sponsorship to develop our site and the therapeutic work we undertake with people experiencing difficulty. Whilst providing funding is in no way essential to joining us on site, we would be very grateful if you could think of ways in which you might be able to help support us financially or with resource. We are open to making joint funding applications to support your group on site.